Monday, July 4, 2011

Stolen By Lucy Christopher -Review


Title: Stolen
Author: Lucy Christopher
Page Number: 299
Genre: YA
Synopsis:A girl: Gemma, at the airport, on her way to a family vacation.
A guy: Ty, rugged, tan, too old, oddly familiar, eyes blue as ice.
She steps away. For just a second. He pays for her drink. And drugs it.
He takes her, before she even knows what’s happening. To sand and heat.
To emptiness and isolation. To nowhere. And expects her to love him.
Written as a letter from a victim to her captor, this is Gemma’s desperate story of
survival. Ty has Stolen her body. Against every instinct screaming inside her,
will he also steal Gemma’s heart? (~via Book Cover)

My Review: For starters, I have to say this book isn't for everyone. I mean when I first looked into it I really thought it was going to be one of those rape-survivor types, but it definitely wasn't. In ways it was so much more than that. You really got to know Gemma and Ty. Ty is someone you don't expect. He's kind and creepy, but generous and mysterious. Gemma gives you glimpes of Ty, but you just want to know more about him. He's very mysterious and alluring.
I think Christopher wrote a very intriguing book and it's very different from the books I have read. Different from most YA novels. It's very poetic and Gemma is reliable narrator. Although, it does get a bit boring with all the descriptions I think it was very poetic and vivid. I look forward to more of Christopher's work.


Rating: 5/5 -Favorite ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment