Monday, July 4, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare -Review



Title: City of Bones (Book One)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Page Number: 485 (excluding Book 2 preview)
Genre: YA
Synopsis: “When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary’s first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons-and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It’s also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace’s world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know…” (~via Book Cover)


My Review: The whole world Clare created is very intriguing and I loved it. I think it was very interesting and nothing like, what I have read before. It has a lot of potential. My biggest problem however was the main character, Clary. I thought she was very annoying, and naive. If I wasn't one of those people who just HAS to finish a book, then I would of stopped reading because I couldn't stand her. I wanted to shake her by the shoulders because she was annoying me so much. Some of the choices she's made or just because she was so plain naive got me very upset with her.
To sum it up, I quite enjoyed the other characters and am looking forward to the next couple of books.


Rating: 3/5 -Liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment