Monday, July 4, 2011

If I Stay by Gayle Forman -Review


Title: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Page Number: 234 (excluding book guide,FAQ,&Behind the Scenes)
Genre: YA
Synopsis: Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in a instant, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left-the most important decision she’ll ever make. Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving. (~via Book Cover)

My Review: Some people would say it's paranormal, and can be related to The Lovely Bones. But, I thought it was an amazing novel, and it should be compared on it's own.

Mia loves to play the cello and has an amazing rocker boyfriend, with a wacky, adorable family. In the first couple of pages you know that this family is special and unique. The reader is being transported into Mia's life and memories and it's not hard to feel for her. She is just like you and me. She's young and naive and makes mistakes, so when she's reliving memories of her family, friends, boyfriend, you can't help but root for her the whole way. You want her to make it, you want her to live.

This book definitely captured my heart and I sobbed like a baby even though, me, who loves to explore and look through the book even before I read it, knows how it ended. I most definitely recommend this book to anyone!

Rating: 5/5 -FAVORITE ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment