Monday, July 4, 2011

By The Time You Read This I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters


Title: By The Time You Read This I’ll Be Dead
Author: Julie Anne Peters
Page Number: 200
Genre: YA
Synopsis: Daelyn’s been the victim of bullying throughout her life and now she’s simply counting down the days until she can commit her final act on Earth. It’s destiny that she finds a Web site to help her in her quest. She has the motive, the means, and the determination. Then she meets this boy, Santana, who makes her examine her choice of death over life. But is he too late to save her? And is she too damaged to save him? (~Author website.)

My Review: I knew even before I started reading that I would love this book. The cover is gorgeous and the concept and plot caught my interest. I must say when I first bought it I was a bit skeptical though, since it’s such a short book!
From the very first page Daelyn knows what she wants and is determinded to make it happen. She wants to die. She is very independent and strong, but she is also weak. She is a girl who has been tormented almost all her life and has finally given up. When Santana enters her life she thinks he won’t make a difference, but he does. Very Slowly.
I personally loved Santana, he was adorable! And his story is tragic but his humor covers up for it. I don’t want to spoil the ending, but I just want to say I was terribly sad when it ended. It was too short and I wish it was longer and that the end wasn’t rushed. All in All, it is now one of my very favorite books.

My Rating: 5/5 -Favorite ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment