Sunday, October 2, 2011

Review - Chain Reaction

Title: Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemisty #3)
Author: Simone Elkeles
Page Number: 308
Genre: YA
Synopsis: Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?


My Review: Being a huge fan of the first two I had high expectations for this book. Sadly, they were not met.
I didn't really enjoy Luis as much as I did Alex and Carlos. And I didn't like Nikki. I thought out of all three romances this one was the most unrealistic. It happened too fast. For me. I didn't think it was as cute as the first two. And I kinda felt like Simone ran out of stuff to write. Although that little father twist towards the end was a little shocking and kept me reading. I just didn't quite enjoy it as much as the previous two. And it was short, which at first I was upset about but while reading, I was definitely hoping it would end soon. For me it was a dissapointing end to a great series.

My Rating: 2/5 - It was OK. Wish it was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment