Friday, October 21, 2011

Flipped -Review

Title: Flipped
Author: Wendelin Van Draanen
Page Number: 224
Genre: YA
Synopsis: Flipped is a romance told in two voices. The first time Juli Baker saw Bryce Loski, she flipped. The first time Bryce saw Juli, he ran. That’s pretty much the pattern for these two neighbors until the eighth grade, when, just as Juli is realizing Bryce isn’t as wonderful as she thought, Bryce is starting to see that Juli is pretty amazing. How these two teens manage to see beyond the surface of things and come together makes for a comic and poignant romance.

My Review: For starters, when I first heard of this book I always thought it was more for younger teens, around 12 and younger but after I finished reading I definitely thought otherwise. I feel like to understand it and fully get the impact of it you definitely need to be older, I'd say 16 and older.
That being said I absoluely loved Flipped. I saw the movie preview before I read the book and I thought the movie looked so cute and when my friend recently read it and said it was really good I just had to read it myself.

I loved the alternating chapters. I loved reading Bryce's point of view to Juli's. Such a big contrast between the two. I loved both characters and the development was really good. The writing was amazing. And I over all fully enjoyed it. Although my only and minor problem would be the ending. I felt like it was a bit rush and it left a huge open ending when I was expecting a bit of a diferent ending. A side from that I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a cute short and meaningful read!

My Rating: 5/5 -Loved it so much. Must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment