Sunday, November 13, 2011

Review: The Death Cure by James Dashner

Title: The Death Cure (Maze Runner Trilogy #3)
Author: James Dashner
Page Number: 324
Genre: YA
Synopsis: Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?


My Review: Now for starters, a lot of people have been saying they didn't like how The Maze Runner series ended and that there were too many questions left unanswered BUT I loved the ending and it's sad that the series ended but I think it ended well.

Like the first two, it's very fast pace. More twists and more action.
There's just so much that happens and it was just so good, I don't think words can sum it all up.

Some of the deaths in this book are really shocking. I didn't think some of the people who died would die. One particularly was just so shocking I couldn't believe it, it was heartbreaking.
The writing was once again amazing. Characters grew and it was all just so shucking good.

Yes, there were things left unanswered, but when isn't there? I feel like if EVERYTHING was answered what would be left of the story? It's those things that are left unanswered that keeps us thinking about the story, about the book, about everything. And really, I was a bit disappointed that not everything was answered but I couldn't be more happy with the way it ended. A bit corny but that's that and it ended on a fairy good note. Personally, I think it ended better than The Hunger Games. With the Hunger Games I was just kind of like "That's it?" at the end, with this one I was just like, "Wow. That's it.."

I think overall, as a whole series, it was amazing. THREE of the best books I've read. And this has to be my favorite in the series.

My Rating: 5/5- couldn't have been better ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment