Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness

Title: The Ask and The Answer
Author: Patrick Ness
Page Number: 528
Genre: YA
Synopsis: Reaching the end of their flight in THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO, Todd and Viola did not find healing and hope in Haven. They found instead their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss, waiting to welcome them to New Prentisstown. There they are forced into separate lives: Todd to prison, and Viola to a house of healing where her wounds are treated. Soon Viola is swept into the ruthless activities of the Answer, while Todd faces impossible choices when forced to join the mayor’s oppressive new regime. In alternating narratives the two struggle to reconcile their own dubious actions with their deepest beliefs. Torn by confusion and compromise, suspicion and betrayal, can their trust in each other possibly survive?

My Review: Starting off where the huge cliffhanger of The Knife of Never Letting Go ended, I think it was a bit slow. It took me a couple hundred pages to finally find the rhythm and flow of this one. But once it started I couldn't put it down. It was so good. I have to admit I could not stop thinking about Todd or Viola or anything when I finished reading it and that's always a sign of a good book.

  The writing once again, was very good. I liked reading the different perspectives. From Todd to Viola. It was a interesting new addition.

  I really liked it and the development in the characters. As well as the new characters introduced.
I can't wait to read the third and final book. It was be interesting to see how Ness wraps everything up.

  Definitely my favorite in the series so far though!

My Rating: 5/5 -Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment